Distressed glamour was the look at Tadashi Shoji Fall 2013 Show with Rodney Cutler for ULTA Beauty backstage at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on February 7, 2013. Rodney Cutler, Redken Expert / Celebrity Runway Stylist for THE SALON at ULTA Beauty alongside ULTA Beauty stylists Tracy Guthrie, Elly Torres, Doris Sanchez, George Psomostithis, and Sarah Dahl, created a soft, textured, whimsical, understated beauty look to complement the designers latest collection. Tadashi Shoji presented classic silhouettes interpreted with romantic fabrics including soft chiffons and lace that aligned with Cutler’s vision for a side flowing, effortlessly chic runway hair look.
- Blow out the hair straight using Redken 10 Guts Volume Spray Foam and then tease sections from the root to achieve volume with Redken Powder Grip 03
- Braid the lower quarter of the hair at the nape of the neck
- Wrap the braid into a small, low bun spraying with Redken Fashion Work 12 and fasten to act as the foundation of the side twist
- Part hair to either side
- Gently pull back hair from opposite side of the part and twist inward securing to the scalp with French pins
- Fasten the twist onto the braid leaving stray pieces near the front of the face for the finished look