Since trends in the stationery and gift categories tend to follow trends in the fashion industry, it’s important to be aware of the upcoming season’s color directions. Here are Pantone’s top colors for women’s fashion for spring 2013:1. Tender Shoots – The prevalence of green this spring is undeniable. Similar to the many shades in our natural surroundings, this season’s greens offer a stunning foreground or the perfect backdrop for all other hues. Like the first signs of spring, Tender Shoots, a vibrant yellow-green, is invigorating, active and cheerful.
2. Grayed Jade – A subtle, hushed green with a gray undertone, Grayed Jade brings about a mood of quiet reflection and repose.
3. Emerald – Sophisticated Emerald, a lively, radiant green, inspires insight and clarity while enhancing our sense of well-being. From one extreme to the other, combining all three greens presents an intriguing choice much like Mother Nature intended.
4. African Violet – Exotic African Violet is a statement color that brings a touch of intrigue to the palette, as purples often do, and can be incorporated into many unexpected combinations, including paired with exuberant Poppy Red.
5. Poppy Red – This is a seductive, sensual and celebratory shade. Whether it’s a knockout dress or a kiss on the lips, every woman’s wardrobe and beauty essentials should include this spirited, true red.
6. Nectarine – A bright, effervescent citrus orange with coral undertones, Nectarine provides a tangy burst of flavor.
7. Lemon Zest – Cheerful Lemon Zest brings out a piquant taste with its refreshing, spritely greenish cast.
8. Dusk Blue – Signifying the time of day when everything starts to wind down, Dusk Blue offers a calming sense of serenity akin to its green counterpart, Grayed Jade. Both of these colors act as the season’s newest neutrals. For an unexpected mix, pair Dusk Blue with the intensity of Nectarine.
9. Linen – A warm neutral, Linen is light and airy, providing a nude-like basic that is a must have for spring. Try pairing Linen with Grayed Jade or Dusk Blue.
10. Monaco Blue – Anchoring Monaco Blue is a classic shade that offers both stability and depth to the entire palette. Combine Monaco Blue with Poppy Red and Linen, or Monaco Blue and Emerald for a fresh collegiate look.
“The expression ’balancing act’ is something we all relate to as we strive to find harmony in the frantic pace of our everyday lives,” says Eiseman. “The same can be said for fashion as we look for balance between light and bright, classic and new. This season’s color palette emphasizes this need for balance, while at the same time allowing for individuality, self-expression and excitement.”
I wonder if these will have any impact on your wedding stationery choice? Do share.