The age-old question: pulp or no pulp? Didn’t we all grow up drinking our OJ to get our fill of Vitamin C?! It tastes delicious, but did you know it also does amazing things for your skin?!…
1. Vitamin C, aka ascorbic acid, is key to the production of collagen – a protein that aids in the growth of cells and blood vessels and gives skin its firmness and strength.
2. Vitamin C also helps create scar tissue and ligaments, and helps your skin repair itself.
3. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that slows the rate of free-radical damage (free radicals are unstable molecules that damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkles – boo!)
4. New research shows that ascorbic acid 2-phosphate, a derivative of Vitamin C, not only neutralizes free radicals, but also reverses DNA damage! Vitamin c ya later free radicals!
5. Research also suggests that Vitamin C may also reduce sunburn caused by exposure to ultraviolet B radiation and prevent the consequences of long-term sun exposure, which can lead to skin cancer – #vitamincissohotrightnow! This doesn’t mean you can take vitamins or apply topical Vitamin C and then bake safely in the sun, but you can help keep your skin healthy and supple by making sure you get enough of this antioxidant super vitamin!
The Cliff Notes: Vitamin C keeps skin healthy and reduces wrinkles, so be sure you’re not caught without it! Canadian skin care line Elizabeth Grant has conveniently assembled the Vitamin C Hydra Moist Weekender kit, which has All Day Cream, Concentrated Serum, Eye Radiance, Hydrating Cleanser, Body Cream, and Body Scrub, all packaged in travel-friendly sizes, so you’ll have all you need when and wherever you go! [$59 on elizabethgrant.com]