Between the ages of 25 and 55, there is a lot you can do to keep looking natural, while delaying the appearance of aging. In the war against aging, it’s important to find a physician who respects a natural look. Neil Sadick, MD, FAAD, FAACS, FACP, FACPh, is one of the most renowned dermatologists and researchers, and his multiple discoveries have strongly influenced and transformed the future of dermatology.
Here are a few tips for brides/grooms in their 20s who may battle acne, sun damage + unwanted hair...
– VI Peel: Natural peel, with little to no down time. Great for mild acne, facial discoloration (dark/light spots) and fine lines around eyes and cheeks
– Omnilux: Red and blue light emitted diodes (LED), this is a low level light energy system that is intended for acne treatment, skin texture enhancement and acne scar improvement
– Pro-Wave Hair Removal: System for unwanted hair removal. It’s painless, effective and works on all skin types. This may require a few treatment sessions with permanent hair reduction and depend on just how much hair there is.
Are you in your 30’s and may face unwanted cellulite, appearance of leg veins, and the beginning signs of wrinkles, try…
– SmoothShapes: Combines light energy and massage to reduce the appearance of cellulite or bumpiness on the outer thighs, buttocks and legs
– IPL: Light source improve the skin discoloration such a redness, brownish discoloration and yellowish tinge that is frequently seen in some women in your mid-30’s
– Laser Genesis: Laser based platform that offers skin tightening without any surgery. It takes a few treatments to see the results so if you decide to do this, give yourself at least 2 months pre-wedding
– Foam Sclerotherapy: State of the art treatment for leg veins that are mostly bluish to green in color. Dr. Sadiak says that the veins that get treated disappear forever.
If you are in your 40’s and wish to drop pounds, lose sunspots and diminish wrinkles…
– Fraxel Dual: Laser treatment for wrinkles and fine lines on face, neck and upper chest. This is one of the most commonly used treatments for skin rejuvenation with minimal to no down time.
– Smartlipo: Laser assisted liposuction or fat reduction. It is an invasive procedure that utilizes a laser fiber to melt the fat by heating. The procedure also provides skin tightening as part of healing from the procedure
– Pearl: Laser-resurfacing system that is intended to remove brown spots, reduce pore size and smooth fine lines from a facial skin that is otherwise in good health. 2-3 day downtime
– Thermage: Radiofrequency device that helps to tighten the skin with minimal to no downtime. It is painless and in most cases requires only one treatment. It helps to improve skin laxity in areas such as lower abdomen, underarms, neck and of course face.
I would recommend this for the Moms (and yes dad’s too) in their 50’s who want to keep skin tight and smooth and fat to a minimum with no surgery…
– Sculptra: Injectable substance used for facial volume restoration. It is widely used to restore the facial architecture, cheekbone enhancement and to smooth out the facial hollowness that happens with aging
– Radiesse: Calcium-based filler used to smooth out the smile lines and area around the mouth for a better-contoured chin structure. Radiasse can also be used to restore cheek volume loss
– REfirm: Laser platform that helps to restore the skin elasticity. It’s used to tighten the skin especially when surgery may not be an option
– Zeltiq: Non-invasive, fat reduction device that helps to reduce the unwanted fat in flanks and lower abdomen by selectively cooling it. It takes approx 45 mins for treatment and 4-5 sessions are required over a period of time.
In full disclosure, I have seen Dr. Sadick myself to help with my own adult acne and hyper-pigmentation. I’ve had a great Medical Cleanse Facial and floated down Park Avenue….oh yea, my skin looked amazing! I know the list of services may be confusing, but he will do a face/skin/body analysis and recommend the best course of action for you. Of course, Dr. Sadick will also tell you that a healthy diet and exercise will only add to your beautiful self. I would highly recommend you jump start your skin care with him.
For more information about Dr. Sadick and spa services: Dr. Neil Sadick – 911 Park Avenue NYC 212.772.7242 or his office at 833 Northern Blvd., Suite 130, Great Neck, NY 516.482.8040